Lakewood Regional Medical Center’s Diagnostic Imaging Services Department has “state of the art” equipment to serve your imaging needs. The department was recently upgraded with all new digital equipment and can boast about the Siemens’s Sensation 64 slice CT Scanner.
We also have the capability to allow review of your X-Ray images in your physician’s office (certain requirements required) and in most situations the patient reports are faxed to your physician’s office the same day as your appointment.
The department services both in-patients and out-patients and offers direct line scheduling for all procedures at (562) 602-6810.
Our Comprehensive Services include:
o Mammotone Biopsy Unit
o 3D Image enhancement for CT Angiographic Procedures includingthe Coronary Vessels
o Cardiac MR Imaging
o Breast Imaging
o MR Breast Imaging
Vascular and Interventional Radiology (VIR) Lab
Within the Imaging Department, we have a VIR Lab which performs minimally invasive procedures using imaging guidance. Click here to view information about our Vascular and Intervention Radiology Lab
The Vascular and Interventional Radiology Lab performs a wide range of minimally invasive procedures. Our board certified Radiologists are experts in this field and provide personalized service in a safe and secure hospital environment. Some of the procedures performed in the lab include the following:
Dialysis Access Management and Maintenance
- AV Fistulagrams
- Percutaneous management of dialysis grafts and fistulas using angioplasty, stenting, thrombolytic therapy, and mechanical thrombectomy
- Central Venous Occlusion Treatment
- Complete Catheter Services-Insertion /Removal /Exchange /Repair
- Subcutaneous Chest and Arm Ports
- PICC and Central Lines
- Carotid angioplasty and Stenting
- Percutaneous angioplasty of the Aorta, subclavian, Iliac, Fenoral, Popliteal and Peripheral arteries and Stent Placement
- Percutaneous Thrombectomy
- Venous Angioplasty and Stenting, including peripheral veins, SVC and IVC
- Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt (TIPS)
- Percutaneous transhepatic cholangiogram with Biliary catheterization for drainage, balloon dilatation, catheter placement and stent placement
- Percutaneous Nephrostomy, balloon dilatation and stent placement
- Percutaneous CT and U/S guided biopsies
- Kyphoplasty, Vertrebralplasty
- Uterine Fibroid Embolization
Although this list is just a sampling of all of the procedures performed in the VIR Lab, You and/or Your physician is encouraged to contact one of our Radiologists to discuss how we can accommodate your needs. We can be reached at (562) 602-6810 and ask for the VIR Lab.