Awards & Distinctions
Recognized for care to the community
Lakewood Regional Medical Center’s commitment to your healthcare has been recognized by several national organizations, including the American Heart Association.
We participate in the Get With The Guidelines program, which is a hospital-based quality improvement program — designed by the American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association — to provide hospital staff with tools that follow proven evidence-based guidelines and procedures for heart patients in their care. It empowers healthcare provider teams to consistently treat heart and stroke patients according to the most up-to-date guidelines.
Among the awards Lakewood has received are:
- American Heart Association "Get With The Guidelines-Heart Failure" Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award, 2011
- American Heart Association "Get With The Guidelines-Mission Life Line" Bronze Achievement Award, 2011
- American Heart Association “Get With The Guidelines-Stroke” Silver Plus Performance Achievement Award, 2011
- CIGNA Centers of Excellence for Coronary Artery Bypass
- CIGNA Centers of Excellence for Total Hip Replacement
- CIGNA Quality Designations for Laparoscopic Gall Bladder Removal, Total Hip Replacement & Total Abdominal Hysterectomy
- UnitedHealth Premium designation for cardiac care