Scheduling & Visitor RestrictionsWe will be rescheduling some patient appointments and procedures in an effort to protect our patients and staff. Conserving personal protective equipment helps us prioritize the needs of those who may require immediate care. Adjustments to scheduled procedures and appointments will be made as requested by the physician, patient or as required by official local or national public health authorities. We will contact you directly if your appointment or procedure is postponed until a later date. During this time, all Lakewood Regional Medical Center facilities will remain open to care for patients who require in-person visits and time-sensitive care. Thank you for understanding our need to take these measures for the safety of all.
Lakewood Regional Medical Center is committed to taking the necessary and critical steps to ensure that the patients and staff in our hospitals are safe and remain healthy. To prevent the spread of COVID-19, we are limiting visitation for all patients until further notice.
Patient visitation is outlined below:
- Patients in private rooms will be allowed up to two visitors.
- Patients in semi-private rooms will be allowed one visitor at a time due to social distancing limitations.
- Visitors are expected to wear a mask while in the hospital; follow hospital instructions regarding infection control practices, and stay in the patient room while visiting.
- If a patient is under COVID-19 isolation precautions, visitation will not be allowed.
- Visitors are encouraged to visit between 10am and 7pm to allow patients rest and recover while in the hospital.
- Outpatient surgery patients, due to social distancing limitations, are allowed one visitor to wait with the patient in the lobby. Once the patient has been taken down to the pre-op unit, their visitor is expected to wait outside the hospital until called.
- Due to social distancing limitations, one visitor can join the patient in the recovery room.
- Visitors are expected to wear a mask while in the hospital, follow hospital instructions regarding infection control practices, and stay with the patient while in the lobby or in the recovery room.
- Due to social distancing limitations, visitors are not allowed while patients are in the emergency department.
- One visitor may wait with the patient while in the outside waiting area until the patient is roomed in the emergency department.
- In the event the patient is unable to provide needed information, one visitor may accompany the patient into the emergency department and speak with staff about the patient.
Alternative means of communications between families and patients like Skype or FaceTime will continue to be available. Please don't hesitate to speak to a member of our care team or a nursing supervisor who can help address any of your questions or concerns by calling (562) 531-2550.
Restrictions for Hospital Entry/Exit
Entry and exit is now limited to the main lobby only.
An exception to any limited visitation policy at the hospital is patients with disabilities who require support from family members or staff in order for them to effectively communicate with medical personnel or otherwise receive equal access to medical treatment.