About Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Lakewood Regional Medical Center is working closely with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to respond to any potential coronavirus cases in our area. We routinely treat infectious diseases at Lakewood Regional Medical Center. We have strong infection control policies, procedures, and systems in place to screen and treat patients. We are committed to keeping our patients, our staff, and our community safe. For more information about the coronavirus, go to the CDC website.
Elective Surgeries Have Been Canceled: Elective surgeries have been canceled, contact your surgeon’s office for more information.
Classes & Events Canceled: All classes, events and support groups have been temporarily cancelled.
Obtain Copies of Your Medical Records click here
For billing questions please call 866-904-6871
Visitor Guidelines for Coronavirus
We are closely monitoring the outbreak of the novel (new) coronavirus (COVID-19), and we are making the following changes to mitigate the risk of exposure for our patients, visitors, staff and physicians.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, we are suspending visitation for all patients until further notice.
Visitor exceptions will be considered for:
- Patients who are in a critical state at the end of life
- One (1) visitor may temporarily be allowed where patient has limited physical or decisional capabilities
- One (1) visitor may temporarily be allowed to obtain vital clinical history/information, to assist with disruptive behavior, or to provide support with patients who have an altered mental status
Visitors who meet these exceptions need to meet the following criteria upon entry to the hospital:
- No signs of a fever or respiratory illness including cough or difficulty breathing
- In the last 14 days has not had contact with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 or is under investigation for COVID-19 or has been hospitalized for a respiratory illness.
- Has not traveled to mainland China, Korea, Iran, Italy or Europe including the UK and Ireland in the last 14 days
- Has not been on a cruise in the last 14 days
- No visitors for a patient under investigation or who has a confirmed positive for COVID-19.
Only one visitor per patient is allowed for those exceptions. A onetime consideration for an increased number of visitors will be made if a patient is in a critical state at end of life, as long as they meet the screening criteria outlined above.
Alternative means of communications between families and patients, such as virtual visitations, Skype, FaceTime, etc. will be facilitated.
Please don't hesitate to speak to a member of our care team or a nursing supervisor who can help address any of your questions or concerns by calling (562) 531-2550.
We are committed to keeping our patients, our staff and our community safe. Thank you for choosing Lakewood Regional Medical Center. It is our pleasure to serve